Cover Letter Music Industry Internship Los Angeles
A Grammy award winning producer and engineer (name withheld at producers request) is currently looking for 1-2 interns to help staff his facilities in Van Nuys, CA. Do NOT miss the chance to apply and possibly work for this one of a kind producer who is actively working with some of the hottest names in music today!
This opportunity is available to both Music Production and Recording Arts. Applicants should be at least in their 10th month to apply. No pay, but opportunity for hire for right candidate.
START DATE: A.S.A.P.
Requirements for Recording Intern:
- PROTOOLS SKILLS A MUST
- STRONG EDITING SKILLS (INSTRUMENTALS, ACAPELLA, T.V. MIX, etc…)
- MUST HAVE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF:
– KONTACT KOMPLETE 10
– REASON 8
– LOGIC X
AVAILABLE FOR 2-3 DAY SHIFTS MON-FRI. BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 3PM-8PM
Please email your MOST UP-TO-DATE resume and cover letter to:
D.A. Strawder @ firstname.lastname@example.org
*NOTE: be sure to put RE: MUSIC PRODUCER (VAN NUYS) in the subject line to ensure that your resume gets submitted properly.
If you need help setting up a resume or cover letter, feel free to contact your career advisors James Barth (email@example.com) or D.A. Strawder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS 6/22/16
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Intern - Production
Full time | Unpaid Internship | Production Team
WHO YOU ARE:
* Driven towards a career in the music/entertainment industry
* Interested in the technical and business/administration side of things
* Proficient in video editing using Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator
* Understands camera and film equipment
* Proficient/familiar with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps
* A student or recent college grad
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Assisting our production team on creative and behind-the-scenes work
* Helping out on set
* Showing off your editing and speed ramping skills
* Researching videos and latest market trends
* Organizing production equipment
* Picking up and dropping off equipment as needed
* Participating in mock production projects, from treatment to production and post production
* Checking out online rentals on popular industry platforms such as ShareGrid
* Day-to-day office tasks for any department (running staff errands, updating spreadsheet data, and other administration work)
This position requires someone who is eager to learn and grow. In turn, you will gain work experience in video production as a whole, specifically post-production processes. With this valuable experience, you will begin establishing your own widespread network of industry connections.
* Free snacks, coffee, tea
* Relaxed dress code
* Pet friendly office
* Collaborative & exciting work environment
* Opportunities to shadow mentors meeting with clients and artists
* On-site parking
This is an unpaid internship meant to introduce you to the ins and outs of video production in a business setting. Course credit is available upon request.
WHO WE ARE:
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. Label Engine, our distribution and technology arm, powers over 4000 record labels and artists worldwide via digital distribution, accounting, and promotion services. Clients include One Direction's Josh Devine, Sam Tsui, Hopsin, 4B, and more.
We welcome you to join us in our effort to help artists be in control!
Job Code: Los Angeles